October 02, 2024, 05:28:38 AM

Author Topic: The New Year, the New Ride  (Read 3977 times)

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
The New Year, the New Ride
« on: January 06, 2010, 03:09:06 AM »
Happy new year to everyone including the boys of the best rock band alive, STP.

The past couple of years of the STP saga has been nothing short of sweet.  Felt like a long orgasm where everyone got exactly what they needed.  The band got through a helluva tour and a couple of smaller ones.  The fans got a much needed fix, no pun intended.  The band was able to cash in and figure out a way to find the resolve to record a new album for us in 2010.  

In 2010, with the success of the past two years behind us, I think its time for STP to dedicate this year to its fans................A new album, yes.  A new tour, probably.  How about something super cool for the fans.  I'm not talking about blazing new trails or anything.  Just look at Pearl Jam, Trent Reznor, Dave Matthews Band, U2 and some of the other bands that make an honest effort to reach out to their base and take some good notes.  

Please save us from the lame VIP club that's been attempted or the meet and greets sans the lead singer.  

How bout some cool acoustic shows or some advance notice on the plans.  Or maybe a cool package ala NIN with their Ghosts release.  I'm not very original but I'm sure there are some super cool things that can be done with just a smidgen of effort.

Good luck boys on a super 2010, can't wait for the ride.....

VegasCrackerman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "so much depends on the weather"
    • View Profile
Re: The New Year, the New Ride
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 04:04:09 AM »
I for one have had a fantastic two years, following around STP in '08 and '09 - and have been fortunate to meet and befriend some of the coolest STP fans anywhere!

2010 is for sure going to be a HUGE year - what with AiC touring, maybe some more PJ, the newly announced Soundgarden reunion, a new Godsmack album, and of course most importantly Numero Sies!
2016 Concerts:
6/3 Vanilla Ice
6/8 The Cure
6/25 Public Enemy