September 19, 2024, 04:15:21 PM

Author Topic: STP & Eric Kretz  (Read 6267 times)

anSTPfan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: STP & Eric Kretz
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2009, 12:25:42 AM »
oh, yeah i think i saw footage of that actually. where there was only a few people dancin and shit in front of a pretty small stage....  well they didnt have the support of any Major labels but thats how it goes i guess.

i just hope STP is STP and that Scott leaves the ideas he had for Libertad and Happy in Galoshes out of it.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2009, 12:28:57 AM »
I thought that their original record deal with Atlantic was 8 records...

anSTPfan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2009, 12:40:08 AM »
http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_temple_pilots

yeah, in that article if you read the last section before Musical Style and Influences, you'll see a section entitled: Break-up, other projects, reunion, and new album (since 2003)

in that section you'll find that Atlantic wants STP to release their 6th album in addition to two more if Atlantic decides to release them. so this means that STP's 7th, 8th and 9th records will all be on Atlantic.

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2009, 01:36:34 AM »
As far as talking about their perhaps 7th 8th and 9th record, that would definitely be getting ahead of ourselves. I just think that this next STP record will be the band's "bookend" album and leave it at that along with their last tour with the new album. Scott will probably go back to working on his next solo album and the DeLeo bros will probably work together with some other band. Eric Kretz..not sure what he will move onto next but I'm sure he will keep busy helping produce albums. That's how I think it's going to turn out.

O0

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2009, 02:19:22 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
Quote from: "anSTPfan"
AOA sold ove 200,000 thousand copies since its release and thats not profitable? They only did a small club tour and did have much advertisement around it. what could have cost the money there?
A lot of their live shows were only half full, have you ever seen footage of the Arizona show?

That shouldn't matter though, as far as I understand it. A band gets their quote despite the attendance.  Still, they could've lost money.  

Just for fun, I'll go through some numbers...who knows how accurate it really is though (though from what I have read in the past, a band of AoA's stature could command roughly $5,000--that's what a band like Eve 6 was charging, say, early 2000s--per show as a flat rate before merch and ticket sales).

Attendance could affect their cut of ticket sales, though some bands and artists have it in their contracts to get their ticket cut as if the show sold out no matter how many tickets were sold.

I counted 37 tour dates on their website forum.  Let's say the band did get $5000 per show.  That's $185,000.  Let's say they got 10% of all tickets sold at an average of 400 people per show.  Guessing tickets were $25, they'd get $2.50 per head, so that would mean $1000 per show.  Let's say they made $500 in merchandise each show.  That's a grand total of approx $240,500 for the tour.

AoA as a band probably got a buck per record sold, so that would give them $200,000 based on the figure above.

That would mean that AoA made $440,500 just for the tour and album sales.  Take 10% for a manager off the top.  That's $43,600, bringing the total down to $396,900.  Tax would've been around 36% for federal, 9% for CA state tax, again off the top, and that would be $198,225.

That brings their take home pay as a band to $198,675 for the tour.  Divide that by 4, that's almost $49,700 per band member.

Who knows how accurate the numbers are, and don't forget songwriting royalties.  However, they also had to pay for gas, buses and/or hotels...some food, etc., etc.

anSTPfan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2009, 02:44:32 AM »
i know i read in an interview this past spring that the album had sold up to that point 237,000 copies but i cant for the life of me find the article or ANYTHING that tells me sales figures for AOA.

but sticking with our 200,000 figure and understand that each band member made about 50,000 grand each and then taking in gas, hotels and such... lets say each member pitched in ten grand for that. now we're saying that gas, hotels and such for their 37 date tour cost 40,000, leaving each member walking away with $40,000 in their pocket. does that sound about right?

im not a musician so i can say shit i guess.... but if i walked away after it was all said and done with forty grand in my pocket, id be happy enough.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2009, 03:00:33 AM »
Quote from: "Virgojams"
As far as talking about their perhaps 7th 8th and 9th record, that would definitely be getting ahead of ourselves. I just think that this next STP record will be the band's "bookend" album and leave it at that along with their last tour with the new album. Scott will probably go back to working on his next solo album and the DeLeo bros will probably work together with some other band. Eric Kretz..not sure what he will move onto next but I'm sure he will keep busy helping produce albums. That's how I think it's going to turn out.

O0
I don't think they'll break up, there's no real reason to.  They can take a year break or so after this album/tour while Scott does his third solo album and then regroup for another STP album/tour after that.  Scott is definitely able to multi-task.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2009, 03:26:50 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
Quote from: "Virgojams"

O0
I don't think they'll break up, there's no real reason to.  They can take a year break or so after this album/tour while Scott does his third solo album and then regroup for another STP album/tour after that.  Scott is definitely able to multi-task.

Yeah, but you have to put into consideration the Velvet Revolver reunion. He's going to have to find time somewhere in between his solo album and STP to do that.  ;)
Bleeda blooda

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2009, 04:01:09 AM »
Aside from an educated guess on their album royalties and their contracted amount for each show, I have no idea how accurate what I calculated is.

I don't know what bands usually make per ticket on top of their salary, and I don't have any idea what they averaged for merch.  They could have made double that for merch.

Plus, the songwriters would get royalties on top of album sales figures///