September 20, 2024, 05:25:26 AM

Author Topic: Dean breaks STP silence  (Read 5139 times)

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Dean breaks STP silence
« on: October 07, 2010, 01:00:09 AM »
Ok, well Dean was on this station about an hr ago. http://wjrr.com/pages/lynch.html

I did not hear the interview. I saw on Twitter that he said the tour is still on which we knew. If anybody can find the audio to this interview, that would be great. I hope he is looking at things as a positive. It just seems like a somber state right now. I hope these dudes can keep it going for a few more years and albums. Props to anyone who can run down Dean's audio.

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Dean breaks STP silence
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 03:42:27 AM »
I heard it.

He really didn't say anything. DJ asked what the deal was with the postponed dates and he just really didn't answer the question. Something like they needed to recharge there batteries.

He did say that the band is pretty much booked until summer 2011 and if it was up to him they would go back in the studio and start a new record in the summer. But he stressed the band is a democracy.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 07:24:36 AM »
I heard it.

He really didn't say anything. DJ asked what the deal was with the postponed dates and he just really didn't answer the question. Something like they needed to recharge there batteries.

He did say that the band is pretty much booked until summer 2011 and if it was up to him they would go back in the studio and start a new record in the summer. But he stressed the band is a democracy.

I think that if STP is going to do anything after this tour finishes up, it'll probably be another album. Scott wasn't too keen on the amount of touring VR did for Libertad, because it didn't sell very well. I assume it would be the same case with this.
Bleeda blooda

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 08:20:51 AM »
                            Well it's good to know some new info about what's going on with STP in the late. I think this next Florida coming back show will be the indicator on how they are really doing. They will either show up without a hitch or Scott will have one of his unpredictable nights again saying who knows what. I just hope the short break they took in between really helped them to "Take a Load Off" at least for a short while and they will be back on all 4 cylinders!

8)

RCLAR

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 08:36:39 AM »
It's great to hear that there's no impending doom looming over the band's future. Also, the fact that Dean is actually the one being excited about the band's future, wanting to go into the studio, that is a really good sign. If Dean's good, all's good, I say.
Karma schmarma.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 09:32:17 AM »
Hopefully it is just some time to recharge their batteries.

It kinda sucks that the main way they make money is by touring, because it really is a grueling schedule... Especially for Scott since it's almost been non-stop since 2003/4.  Plus all the shit he's had to go through during that time.  I doubt being on the road throughout it all helps.  Hopefully working, and creating helps, but if anyone needs some time off it's him.  (Although, I certainly wouldn't mind if he wrote new solo stuff & stp stuff while he takes time off touring.)
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 12:48:07 PM »
I don't believe for a second that the band would cause that much upheaval to 2 tours (BRMC had to reroute their own headlining dates because of this too) just to "recharge their batteries". They knew full well how hard a tour is before they booked it.

The Deleos are too professional to screw a load of fans over like that just because they are tired, and wouldn't have committed to a tour they weren't sure they could personally complete. No, this is either a much bigger drama in the life of a band member, or it's just Scott being Scott. Considering the history, I don't think the latter is an unreasonable assumption.

blackagain

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 01:40:50 PM »
I would have to agree with the comment made earlier that the 1st night back in Tampa should give us a pretty good indication if this tour is going to continue. I hope they did some rehearsing during this short time off &  will put some different songs in the set list (Yeah, fat chance of that happening).

bluesuedeiztrad

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2010, 05:48:41 AM »
The tour is mentioned almost everyday on my local rock station. Each time the word 'fine' is mentioned in regards to our buddy Scott.