September 30, 2024, 09:17:12 AM

Author Topic: Stop Look and Listen  (Read 7878 times)

anSTPfan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Stop Look and Listen
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 09:39:16 PM »
the whole album is pretty damn good if you ask me. IMO, Army of Anyone is better than Purple, Tiny Music, No.4. Equal to Shangri La Dee Da and gets its @$$ kicked by Core soooo bad!

my favorite songs from it are (in no particular order):

it doesn't seem to matter
goodbye
generation
disappear
stop, look and listen
this wasn't supposed to happen

-father figure would be good. but i can't figure out why "Father Figure" is the name of the song or what the song means. lots of fathers skipped out on their families despite the mothers and also the children trying to find them they never go back so you can't knock someone by saying "Where's your father figure?" maybe they tried to find him but he's too much of a [INSERTCURSEWORDHERE] to reciprocate.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 11:50:00 PM »
Quote from: "anSTPfan"
the whole album is pretty damn good if you ask me. IMO, Army of Anyone is better than Purple, Tiny Music, No.4. Equal to Shangri La Dee Da and gets its @$$ kicked by Core soooo bad!

my favorite songs from it are (in no particular order):

it doesn't seem to matter
goodbye
generation
disappear
stop, look and listen
this wasn't supposed to happen

-father figure would be good. but i can't figure out why "Father Figure" is the name of the song or what the song means. lots of fathers skipped out on their families despite the mothers and also the children trying to find them they never go back so you can't knock someone by saying "Where's your father figure?" maybe they tried to find him but he's too much of a [INSERTCURSEWORDHERE] to reciprocate.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but if you think Army of Anyone's album is better than Purple you're crazy. And did you mean that AOA kicks Core's ass so bad? Cause if you did then I'd have to disagree with you again.

anSTPfan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 01:43:28 AM »
no i meant that Core kicks AOA's ass.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2009, 04:02:35 AM »
Quote from: "anSTPfan"
no i meant that Core kicks AOA's ass.

Well, in that case I agree.

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2009, 01:46:21 AM »
I have to say the AoA album is better than Core...

"What son, what!"
Back for another one

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2009, 02:15:06 AM »
Quote from: "The Action Girls"

"What son, what!"

I don't take as much offense to that as I do to someone saying the AoA album is better than Purple.  :D

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2009, 02:18:31 AM »

"What son, what!"
I disagree in every way possible, but respect your opinion. Why do you think that though? That is a bold statement lol
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2009, 03:09:59 AM »
Quote from: "STP92"

"What son, what!"

I don't take as much offense to that as I do to someone saying the AoA album is better than Purple.  :D

yeah i'm a huge Purple guy as well, but can see why you'd like AoA's album over Core. As good as Core is, at least AoA's album doesnt get confused with Pearl Jam haha....as far as Stop, Look and Listen goes i'm a real big fan of its melody but it's a little too obvious and "PSA" about its message, i like my songs to be more metaphoric and cryptic, but i guess thats just me
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2009, 06:33:01 AM »
I like the sound of that song. It's definitely not a bad song at that. I personally like This Wasn't Supposed to Happen. I remember hearing the album as a whole for the first time and hearing that song at the end and I was like....wow..it got me! Loved it. I always loved how Father Figure was a mix of a Filter and STP sound with the Filter-like riff and STP-like guitar solos. Great mesh of a song! AoA!

O0

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2009, 06:37:00 AM »
Quote from: "Virgojams"
I like the sound of that song. It's definitely not a bad song at that. I personally like This Wasn't Supposed to Happen. I remember hearing the album as a whole for the first time and hearing that song at the end and I was like....wow..it got me! Loved it. I always loved how Father Figure was a mix of a Filter and STP sound with the Filter-like riff and STP-like guitar solos. Great mesh of a song! AoA!

O0

Father Figure is a great song, I'm surprised it didn't do really well on the charts. Probably in my top 3 Dean guitar solos. And the drumming, Ray Luzier is a beast.
Bleeda blooda

shapy

• nice to know me
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2009, 10:05:33 PM »
stop look listen is/was my least favorite song from AoA, however after seeing the live performance from http://http://www.strippedmusic.com/arch_armyofanyone.html i definitely appreciate it more. in fact, i'll only tolerate listening to it as long as it's that version...

all in all, the album is solid and good. it met my expectations when it came out, but i was so anxious and desperate to hear anything new from the Deleo's that it wasn't gonna take much to make me happy...

AoA is/was a great live band to see in concert. i got to see 'em 3 times when they toured and met all of them twice. great guys. the setlists were always the same except the 3rd time i saw 'em they included good time to loosen, which is a bad ass song.

this pic won't post here for some reason but here is a link to it. my friend and i had just drank a lot and literally did 2 shots of tequila seconds before storming into the meet&greet area when i cut right in front of the line and walked over next to the boys. i tossed my camera to a stranger and told them to take a pic. if you notice, i'm pointing dean in the right direction to look, while my friend, rob, and ray are looking at the wrong camera. great moment of my life. so surreal.
http://http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t319/shapy333/STP60179.jpg
have fun, have fun, have a whole lot of fun!

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2009, 11:22:12 PM »
Quote from: "shapy"
this pic won't post here for some reason but here is a link to it. my friend and i had just drank a lot and literally did 2 shots of tequila seconds before storming into the meet&greet area when i cut right in front of the line and walked over next to the boys. i tossed my camera to a stranger and told them to take a pic. if you notice, i'm pointing dean in the right direction to look, while my friend, rob, and ray are looking at the wrong camera. great moment of my life. so surreal.

LMAO. Thanks for that, it's fucking hilarious. Where was Rich at?
Back for another one

shapy

• nice to know me
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2009, 11:56:40 PM »
Quote from: "shapy"

LMAO. Thanks for that, it's fucking hilarious. Where was Rich at?

haha, no prob, glad you liked...
this was mid-to-late january near the end of the tour and i think around the same time Rich was getting sick. the roadie guy told us before hand that he wouldn't be part of the meet&greet as to not spread his bad germs and get that little bit of extra rest for the show. i wasn't too disappointed, i did meet him with the others about 2 weeks prior at the pittsburgh show. i have a pic with him, dean, my friend, and me, but rob and ray got cut out so it's not my favorite. btw, Rich still kicked ass at the show so i'm glad he got the extra rest.
have fun, have fun, have a whole lot of fun!