September 20, 2024, 05:37:13 AM

Author Topic: days of the week  (Read 12990 times)

lisa6178

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: days of the week
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2008, 02:01:37 PM »
I also like DOTW, and the video is super cute.

The only song that I was never really able to get into and think is too "poppy" is Interstate Love Song. I realize that was one of their biggest radio hits.

I also agree that Hollywood Bitch would have done really well as a follow-up release.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2008, 03:16:17 PM »
Quote from: "lisa6178"
I also agree that Hollywood Bitch would have done really well as a follow-up release.

Thank you! Too bad it was released three years too soon, before all the socialites (Paris Hilton, Nicole Ritchie, etc) became everyday news headlines. I think that would have made a killer video poking fun at all that's fake in the world.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

lisa6178

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2008, 04:17:08 PM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
Thank you! Too bad it was released three years too soon, before all the socialites (Paris Hilton, Nicole Ritchie, etc) became everyday news headlines. I think that would have made a killer video poking fun at all that's fake in the world.

You're right. They could have made an outstanding video with that. I can picture it in my head. Thanks for the laugh!

BrenRich101

• Arrival
    • View Profile
Days of the Week Scott Weiland suit
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2008, 09:24:38 PM »
Hey I'm new here and wanted to share something with you. I live in England so don't know how the school system works anywhere, but to my Sixth Form (ages 16-19) summer ball, I thought I'd copy Scott's suit that he wore in the Days of the Week video.

http://download.adrive.com/public/view/ ... e4c69.html

What do you think? Any good? Let me know  :D

MC.

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland's "Days of the Week" suit
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2008, 04:29:37 AM »
Haha, that would be awesome.

ht

ReY_LaGartO

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2010, 07:59:12 PM »
I like the lyrics, the video is cool too

week10

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2010, 04:27:13 PM »
this song helped me get through work, love it, instant classic!

joelrojas84

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2010, 03:57:33 PM »
I love the video too, the song reminds me a day in a beautiful beach long time ago

shapy

• nice to know me
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2010, 06:00:16 AM »
completely out of nowhere, I just really began to love this song...

about a week or 2 before I go to a STP concert, I go out of my way to not listen to any STP at all.. I hide it on everything. (does anyone else do this too?)

anyway, I'm seeing them in 2 days at the Borgata and since I'm depriving myself of listening to any STP, I find myself always singing a random song to myself. Mostly the ones I personally like....

But yesterday and today I had DotW in my head. That song, catchy as it is, has never been a favorite of mine -- in fact, I really didn't like it that it was usually the only song I skipped on SLDD.

As I kept trying to sing the song, I realized I didn't know all the words... so I came to BE and looked up the lyrics and as I sang it to myself while really paying attention to the lyrics, I fell in love with the song. The lyrics are fucking awesomely written. Damn, Scott is such a great songwriter...

So, now this song is in my head until I listen to it, but I refuse to listen to anything-STP until the concert. I'm secretly hoping that they pull this one out! I did have the privilege of seeing it performed at Rolling Rock, and while that will go down as one of the very best live performances of their career, I still wasn't in to that song then.

Anyway, just my thoughts...

(Sorry I didn't really read the bulk of this thread prior to posting, just the first and last 5 or so..)
have fun, have fun, have a whole lot of fun!

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2010, 02:39:43 PM »
Always liked this song :) Dont understand the hate it gets :)

toysintheattic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2010, 05:02:21 PM »
same here, i don't know how people don't like it. i absolutely love the video too.
Never Trust Them Dirty Liars

ZER(o)

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2010, 10:20:55 PM »
I think for most casual fans, Days of the Week is probably their favorite off that album, since it was the big radio hit. People seem to forget that it did reach #4, and that alone pretty much drove the album to Gold. Since it didn't receive very  good promotion from the label.

Truthfully, I think Dumb Love would have been just as big had it been released. Very traditional-sounding STP song right there.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2011, 10:14:59 PM »
Just watched the video on youtube, couldnt help but laughing watching the boys acting performance.  Funniest part was Scott sitting on his bed "struggling" to do up his tie.  Love the part where the boys are rocking out in someones living room.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2011, 12:50:17 AM »
Just watched the video on youtube, couldnt help but laughing watching the boys acting performance.  Funniest part was Scott sitting on his bed "struggling" to do up his tie.  Love the part where the boys are rocking out in someones living room.
DOTW video has the same effect on me. Now and then I go back to it and it's like "damn, this is hilarious". It's the cutest STP video
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2011, 12:54:52 AM »
DOTW video has the same effect on me. Now and then I go back to it and it's like "damn, this is hilarious". It's the cutest STP video
I love the video too!  The guys are super cute in it!
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade