September 27, 2024, 08:29:44 PM

Author Topic: Over discussed but True  (Read 1099 times)

steven28174

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Over discussed but True
« on: September 09, 2019, 08:41:36 AM »
STP is underrated. My son is 12 & loves music. Obviously, it has been pushed on him, but he loves STP too. They will age like wine (those first 5 albums) & continue to receive additional praise as time passes. Not looking for any responses. Just had a long couple of months & I'm watching the Rolling Rock show. They were amazing. I loved every second of the ride.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Over discussed but True
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 05:30:17 PM »
the ride is still going my man! I, for one, am very thankful for that. It's not lost on me how special STP is and I celebrate them in any form. Chester (rip) was less fun for me and I didn't love him in this band as a vocalist, but Jeff has been a much better fit imo. He's not Scott, no one will ever be, but celebrating the band's catalog and still getting new albums with Rob/Dean and Eric still doing their thing is special. But with Scott I feel like I was hanging on to what he used to be when towards the end he was clearly no longer that. Jeff, in my opinion, is better than Scott was on that last STP run. Scott in his prime is untouchable, of course.

For the record I really enjoyed Army of Anyone and Talk Show too, but I've heard those bands playing STP covers and Jeff is far superior to Richard Patrick and Dave Coutts at doing the STP catalog. Again, just my opinion. I'm glad they get to make new albums with new music but they can still play the old material live this way.

To me they are one of the best bands to ever exist. So grossly underrated, but I'm very bias at this point :)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 05:32:31 PM by JugeSTP »