September 28, 2024, 05:22:57 PM

Author Topic: Dave Coutts 2018  (Read 6183 times)

RhettButler

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Dave Coutts 2018
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2018, 08:19:29 PM »
I really liked the new song. It was excellent, in fact. Terrible video, however.

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2018, 07:24:56 AM »
I really liked the new song. It was excellent, in fact. Terrible video, however.

I gave the song a listen. Not too shabby. Was wondering about the video. How old is that video? Swear it looked like it was filmed in the late 80's. lol That's my observation. But maybe someone out there knows. Anywho yeah Dave is quite energetic on stage!

dlc95

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2018, 03:58:04 PM »

Awesome!

I've never made a video before. Dave gave me the green light to share the track, and I just did it on my phone.

Most important thing is that you liked the tune.

dlc95

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2018, 04:02:24 PM »

I gave the song a listen. Not too shabby. Was wondering about the video. How old is that video? Swear it looked like it was filmed in the late 80's. lol That's my observation. But maybe someone out there knows. Anywho yeah Dave is quite energetic on stage!

1993 if I remember correctly, at their last show.

The actual footage was for Never Say Hello Without A Gun from the Pretty Vultures CD.

Here is where I got it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8SmDEG6lV0g

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2019, 04:43:37 PM »
dlc95,  do you think if hes up for it we could open up a monthly Dave Coutts Q&A session? Many of us here have lots of questions, and for me specifically on the recording process, for example, and it would be awesome to have first hand accounts of how it goes down in the studio, especially the song writing process, from Talk Show era to today.   I feel its a shame to have such a valuable resource keep those details locked up like Fort Knox.  Be a great way to keep Dave intimately involved with those who are interested in his work.   I can understand not wanting to open up that avenue though because it may divert to just People Magazine type of gossip instead, especially if there are memories that weren't as good and he'd rather just focus strictly on the future.

dlc95

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2019, 11:54:46 PM »
dlc95,  do you think if hes up for it we could open up a monthly Dave Coutts Q&A session? Many of us here have lots of questions, and for me specifically on the recording process, for example, and it would be awesome to have first hand accounts of how it goes down in the studio, especially the song writing process, from Talk Show era to today.   I feel its a shame to have such a valuable resource keep those details locked up like Fort Knox.  Be a great way to keep Dave intimately involved with those who are interested in his work.   I can understand not wanting to open up that avenue though because it may divert to just People Magazine type of gossip instead, especially if there are memories that weren't as good and he'd rather just focus strictly on the future.

I can certainly ask.

If you have any questions specifically I could pass them along.