September 24, 2024, 11:28:11 PM

Author Topic: Meadow Lyric Video  (Read 6165 times)

RA

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Meadow Lyric Video
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2017, 03:30:32 AM »
Chris Pepper, why so bitter? Lose your job as a garbage man or something? C'mon, get into the holiday spirit.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2017, 03:20:20 PM »
Having Fun....... in the Sun.....

Do the Deleos have any veto power on lame lyrics? 

Why are so many harping on the Fun/Sun part? I mean this song isn't the strongest lyrically by any means, but it's really not that offensive. Plenty of Scott tunes have questionable lyrics. "white trash meat, some people call it spam". "I told you five or four times". "From the man. The Dirty man. The old man". Pretty much all of S/T. I mean, he's had WTF moments too.

The song rocks, the melody is strong, and we've been blessed/graced by another STP song. Even if you don't love it, you should be thankful for that. There's been so many times over the last 20 years I've thought we'd never hear STP ever again.

I think for me, the reason I hate this line so much is its like one of the most overused rhymes in the English language.  You hear it every summer like 1000x.  That said you're totally right, JugeSTP.  We shouldnt get all up in arms about a single line.  Scott had plenty of stinker lines too. 

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2017, 05:08:10 PM »
I don't hate the line. I think maybe because I see the song as a tribute to Scott, and this line makes me think of the boys harkening back to their earliest days together, killing time in sunny Cali. It's true Scott did pen some truly mesmerizing lyrics, but he had some real clunkers as well, especially towards the end on s/t and Blaster where it was clear he wasn't really trying anymore.

It's not the most creative line, but it doesn't bring down the song either.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2017, 11:30:30 PM »

I don't hate the line. I think maybe because I see the song as a tribute to Scott, and this line makes me think of the boys harkening back to their earliest days together, killing time in sunny Cali.

This is what I think too. If the song is a tribute to Scott, then this line could be more meaningful than just a typical pop lyric -- it could refer to some happy memories they had with Scott as the band was writing and recording in California.

Edit: We'll know more as to whether this interpretation is correct when the album comes out and we see the quality of the lyrics on the rest of the songs. Obviously, Jeff wrote the lyrics, but I think he wrote this song from the perspective of Dean, Robert, and Eric.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 11:33:01 PM by EyesOfDisarray »

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2017, 02:15:29 AM »
Does anyone know if this is getting any spins on radio?  KROQ isn't playing it.   

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2017, 09:53:34 PM »

I have yet to hear it on Sirius XM either, but frankly I'm not really sure what channel NEW STP would show up on there anyway.  Doesn't really fit in on Lithium or Alt Nation. 

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2017, 01:16:30 PM »

I have yet to hear it on Sirius XM either, but frankly I'm not really sure what channel NEW STP would show up on there anyway.  Doesn't really fit in on Lithium or Alt Nation.
Kroq used to play out of time. In fact they were all over it. They gave me pit tickets to a show for knowing the name of out of time

coo2

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2017, 09:20:01 PM »
Meadow has been frequently played on the Sirius XM channel: Turbo

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2017, 01:36:25 PM »
It's up to 13 on Mainstream rock, and is the greatest gainer again.

It was played on the radio 850 times last week, so somebody is playing it.

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2017, 02:40:15 PM »
It's been on Spotify for over a month now and has 727,000 listens.

I'm assuming that's a little above average?
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2017, 02:53:22 PM »

Yeah, but half of those were belowempty members cry wanking about Dean raping their childhoods.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2017, 05:48:00 PM »

Yeah, but half of those were belowempty members cry wanking about Dean raping their childhoods.

#MeToo

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11