September 29, 2024, 02:21:55 AM

Author Topic: Army of Anyone  (Read 1923 times)

rocker rockstar

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Army of Anyone
« on: November 01, 2017, 04:31:44 AM »
Any chance of a reunion or second album.   

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Army of Anyone
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 09:10:33 AM »
With the focus on the new STP singer and album, I think it's unlikely anytime soon.
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 11:45:57 AM »
I really enjoyed this band and they were great live. Unfortunately their album tanked and they played some half empty (or worse) shows. STP, Filter and Korn are the focus for these guys.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 04:24:19 PM »
Yeah saw em live and there was maybe 200 folks there, was a great show and so cool to be that close to see the Deleo brothers at work
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 12:12:13 AM »
I think we're the only ones who would buy the album or see them live.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 01:15:44 AM »
All true and all such a shame. That was such a killer album, and they were fantastic live. I really liked what Richard did with them, and he's had his shit together ever since then.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 01:52:20 AM »
I’d take this over STP 2.0 myself but it doesn’t seem likely anytime soon... It’s all about the benjamins baby.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

leocal79

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 04:03:10 AM »
Would love this too but at least can we get a vinyl reissue. Please, please, please

rocker rockstar

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2017, 06:06:12 AM »

I seen Army of Anyone at a show in Fort Wayne Indiana when they toured.  Was a great show.  Also, met the band before the show at the Meet and Greet.  I was part of the street team so that was reason I got to meet the band before the show. 

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2017, 06:40:09 PM »
I’d take this over STP 2.0 myself but it doesn’t seem likely anytime soon... It’s all about the benjamins baby.
100% agree.  I had a close friend that was not a big STP fan and we went to the Chicago show at the Metro.  It was a killer show and he became a big fan of the Deleos and AoA as a result of that show. 

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2017, 07:11:13 PM »
100% agree.  I had a close friend that was not a big STP fan and we went to the Chicago show at the Metro.  It was a killer show and he became a big fan of the Deleos and AoA as a result of that show. 

Absolutely love AoA, and I hope they do one day bring it back as a side project, but you have to be completely out of touch with reality to expect them to do that as their main band. We're not just talking "making less money than STP", we're talking making almost no money at all. They were playing mostly empty venues ten years ago, and they'd be playing even emptier ones now.

Best we can hope for is that they use STP and Filter to subsidize another AoA album, and that they make just enough money off a tour to break even.

The only way AoA can work as the DeLeos' main band is if they make Richard Patrick the new singer for STP. In that case you get the sonic blueprint of what made AoA so great, but with a better drummer and with a name that will garner interest in the project. But I don't think that's happening any time soon.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2017, 03:47:48 PM »

I really regret missing that Metro show. One of my favorite venues.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2017, 04:56:38 PM »

I really regret missing that Metro show. One of my favorite venues.
One of mine too.  It was a great show, one of the best STP-related shows I've been to.