September 24, 2024, 11:19:51 PM

Author Topic: When did things start falling apart the second time (post No. 4)  (Read 3386 times)

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: When did things start falling apart the second time (post No. 4)
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2017, 01:34:42 AM »
At the same time you had the luke warm response to Libertad, his brother's passing, and the divorce from Mary.  Then he rebounded with the STP reunion.  Then you had both the VR and STP rejections and then J Brown died.  Also, I recall him comparing himself to Keith Richards.  Indestructible in a way.  The guy had 9 lives.  And used everyone of them.     

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 09:11:07 PM »
Regarding the 02 break up, the dysfunctional reunion and the state of STP the last few years, my mind always goes back to the honesty of this article. I clearly recall reading this magazine when the article first appeared.

http://www.belowempty.com/articles.php?p=2003&s=story&id=19
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 11:13:33 PM »
Regarding the 02 break up, the dysfunctional reunion and the state of STP the last few years, my mind always goes back to the honesty of this article. I clearly recall reading this magazine when the article first appeared.

Thank you for including that link. That is a fun article. I’m so intrigued at the 2002 year, also a lot of nostalgia for me because I realized STP was my all time favorite band right about the time news came out that they were finished. Give or take a week or two it all seemed to happened about the same time... sorry about that lol

Yeah for the article itself... it really carries an honest tone. Dean and Scott just seemed to always end up at odds over the same subject there... hard to expect these guys would have been able to really carry out a long run with all that between them. That’s what kinda amazes me they did what they did and toured from 99-02 as often as they did. Wow

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2017, 06:27:14 AM »

Wow, that was a really great read.
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

Alex

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2017, 01:10:59 PM »

I never thought in a million years that we'd be in a world where Scott was six feet under, Chester killed himself, and Axl ended up having the last laugh by actually working to be a better person and have Slash and Duff back with him onstage.

I simply don't understand it all. More than ever, I feel like we somehow got separated from the actual reality, and we just ended up in the Biff Tannen timeline.

Dude, these are brilliant words.
I still can't realize how we came to this...
I look again and again at the photos of young, smiling Scott in early days of STP. And then I think about the future which expected him and STP...
By the way, I would also add Chris Cornell's suicide (talking about Biff Tannen timeline), but he had no connection with STP in this topic.
Anyway, very well said, man.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 01:15:12 PM by Alex »