September 28, 2024, 08:27:42 PM

Author Topic: Core - 25th Anniversary Re-Release w/ Other Gems  (Read 20776 times)

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
Re: Core - 25th Anniversary Re-Release w/ Other Gems
« Reply #150 on: October 04, 2017, 11:36:10 PM »
I can't understand why they limited it to 15,000 copies. I mean, why? For an album that sold 8 million copies, 15,000 seems a bit low.

To be fair, the full thing is available on iTunes. I know to us it's not the same as owning the physical thing, but for many it will suffice.

although the Piece of Pie Scott demo seems to only be available as a hidden bonus track on the physical versions

True. I wonder if it was left off iTunes on purpose.

But if you buy it off of iTunes you'll miss out on the vinyl, and more importantly, the shiny chromium treatment of the Core album artwork! ;)
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

rocker rockstar

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 06, 2017, 03:32:28 AM »
The set sounds great too.   People the sample rate from Itunes is not lossless.  Which is a good reason to buy the real thing and rip the CDs as ALAC or Flac.   Besides the packaging on this one is well worth it.  The booklet is really nice too.   

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 10, 2017, 09:45:22 AM »
Finally my Super Deluxe has shipped from Amazon UK. It says arriving Friday, but it's Royal Mail, and they are usually a bit more efficient than taking 3 days.

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 11, 2017, 01:27:24 AM »
I just received my super deluxe se from Amazon Canada today.  The packaging is awesome!  Worth every dollar just for that.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 12, 2017, 02:06:43 AM »
I have yet to open mine cause I like the way it looks with the plastic still on. Plus Amazon gave us all Autorip for a reason! But one question, has anyone heard the hidden track on Track 13 on Disc 2? Is it good?
Back for another one

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 12, 2017, 02:11:49 AM »
I have yet to open mine cause I like the way it looks with the plastic still on. Plus Amazon gave us all Autorip for a reason! But one question, has anyone heard the hidden track on Track 13 on Disc 2? Is it good?

Good? Ehhhh. Super intersting. Oui. Muy oui.
Bleeda blooda

The Action Girls

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 12, 2017, 02:14:05 AM »
Haha, well Rhino supposedly have it listed as "Piece of Pie (Scott Rehearsal)". So I can only imagine it isn't quite as solid as the following demo take or studio take.
Back for another one

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 12, 2017, 02:55:52 AM »
Haha, well Rhino supposedly have it listed as "Piece of Pie (Scott Rehearsal)". So I can only imagine it isn't quite as solid as the following demo take or studio take.

It's basically two minutes of Scott recording some vocal ideas to the PoP backing track (See below for the quote from Rob). The quality is rough but definitely cool to hear at least once.

"One of those things that really touched me was when I ran across a cassette of Scott... when we were all living in a two-bedroom apartment down by Rumbo studios in the Valley. I remember he had two cassette players, and he was playing the music of a song called 'Piece Of Pie" off one cassette player, and recording his vocal lines onto the other one. That was really special. There's a lot of special stuff that's part of this."
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 03:10:03 AM by Five Star Edge »
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 12, 2017, 02:59:19 AM »

It's actually not hidden on track 13, it's a separate track (which is nice). So disc 2 has 14 tracks.

The Action Girls

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 12, 2017, 03:28:30 AM »
Then there's really no reason Amazon should have left it off the digital version altogether. When Happy In Galoshes came out in November of 2008, even though "Be Not Afraid" was billed in the liner notes as a "special hidden song inside", it was included in all digital forms of the album. Just my two cents. When I'm good and ready, I'll peel that plastic off that sucker and pop in the CDs.

Edit: I hate this fucking phone and its tired ass autocorrect bullshit.
Back for another one

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 12, 2017, 08:38:07 AM »
Just checked, Core is currently at #173 on the Billboard 200

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 12, 2017, 12:12:20 PM »
It's arrive, and it looks lovely. Can't wait to get home tonight to listen.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 16, 2017, 01:31:49 AM »
Finally got it and really dig the packaging.  Anyways started listening to the live stuff first, sounds real good.  Got a major chuckle at Scott, after Where the River .. he chews out a fan whoa throwing things on stage, then afterwards apologizes to the crowd for cursing haha
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 17, 2017, 01:50:52 AM »
I received mine the other day from Amazon UK. Overall I'm impressed with the set and it's packaging and glad I shelled out for it, especially since the sticker on the front says LIMITED EDITION! I just wish the DVD was better, I'd have preferred the Unplugged show in video format or a Core era show/clips/interviews rather than the music videos which were already released on 'Thank You' years ago :(
I listened to the remaster and the original album side by side and I think I'm hearing some very subtle differences but they're so similar it's barely distinguishable, but as others have said, the mastering was fine on the original anyway.
Overall it's a nice set for the hardcore fans and I look forward to 'Purple' getting the same treatment, I love that album but I think it could benefit from a remaster and a slight boost just as long as they don't brickwall it!
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long