September 21, 2024, 08:51:42 AM

Author Topic: Anyone else prefer the demo of WTRG over the Core version?  (Read 9753 times)

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else prefer the demo of WTRG over the Core version?
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2016, 03:31:13 AM »
That's an extremely subjective (and slightly close minded and moronic) statement you've made there, and 100% opinion.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware I needed to preface every statement with "in my opinion" for it to be apparent I am not stating an objective fact.

Anyway, I'm not dissing RHCPs style, but I do not agree that the sound that made them famous was that sound, they had morphed it into something much more sophisticated by the time they became listenable, and they play very little of that era material now. And thank fuck for that.

I totally agree, if you listen to the 80's albums of RHCP, it would sound ridiculous in today's musical environment, but then again you can say that about most of 80's music.  I also doubt I would have listened to STP past that mark if they stayed that sound prior to changing it up for 'Core'.
And I Got U 2 Paint the Roses on My Grave

nat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2016, 11:15:33 PM »
That's an extremely subjective (and slightly close minded and moronic) statement you've made there, and 100% opinion.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware I needed to preface every statement with "in my opinion" for it to be apparent I am not stating an objective fact.

Yeah you really should, or least not phrase it as such, lest you come across as a insufferable pompous prick.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2016, 10:21:15 AM »
I'm an insufferable pompous prick because I said I think a style of music sucks? Well, you seem like a really down to earth, stable person.

How about, instead of prefacing every opinion with a pointless statement highlighting it as such,  i'll just assume that people aren't all fucking idiots instead.

Thanks.

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2016, 01:30:48 PM »

Yeah you really should, or least not phrase it as such, lest you come across as a insufferable pompous prick.

That era of RHCP music is pretty cringe worthy and no amount of phrasing is gonna save it.
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2016, 01:46:15 PM »

Be Nice People , goosfraba

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2016, 02:19:02 PM »
Be quiet, Paul.

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2016, 11:27:56 PM »

I can't i have ADHD

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2016, 11:59:44 PM »
No shit.

nat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2016, 07:26:30 PM »
I'm an insufferable pompous prick because I said I think a style of music sucks? Well, you seem like a really down to earth, stable person.

How about, instead of prefacing every opinion with a pointless statement highlighting it as such,  i'll just assume that people aren't all fucking idiots instead.

Thanks.

I can play to.

Early RHCP kicks the shit out of later-day steaming piles like "By the Way."