September 27, 2024, 08:19:37 PM

Author Topic: For AIC fans  (Read 1556 times)

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
For AIC fans
« on: August 11, 2016, 04:22:05 AM »

My old bass player Mak Frappier from Circus of Power called me about a non music matter and once we got that out the way we started talking about the music he has been doing and it seems like he's been doing more session work than anything, one really interesting tidbit we talked about was that he and Jerry Cantrell became very goid friends and then  Circus of Power  supported Alice in Chains on their Dirt tour. Mark told me that he did double duty many of nights that Mike Starr was too fucked up to perform. So in reality he played whole shows with Alice in Chains. The other interesting thing is he did almost the whole album in pre production and they kept his track for " Them Bones". We were laughing our ass off because i never knew that, i just remember him and Jerry calling me drunk and fucking singing tunes out of key for fun. So " Them Bones" is actually Mark just for the record. Mark stays in touch with Inez and they will be playing in Austin, Tx where Mark lives in September.

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: For AIC fans
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 04:33:37 AM »

Jerry also recorded with Circus of Power, i found this clipping:

Also contributing to the new album is Alice in Chains' gut-wrenching guitarist Jerry Cantrell. Mitchell explains that Cantrell was busy finishing up Dirt in an L.A. studio at the same time the Circus began working on their new record. "Jerry came by," he says, "and I asked him if he had any songs he wasn't using, so he gave me a cassette of his music. He had a great riff so I wrote with him." Cantrell ended up providing a cameo appearance on the first single, "Heaven and Hell," not only adding guitar but singing some

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 07:52:13 PM »

Here is Jerry in the video for Circus of Power " Heaven and Hell"

https://youtu.be/rP0ceER0Wio

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 09:40:02 PM »
victor indrizzo was in that band and he played on 12 Bar Blues. Paul is 3 degrees separation from Scott Weiland