October 01, 2024, 07:49:05 PM

Author Topic: Would you have liked to have heard a country album from Scott?  (Read 1441 times)

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
This may seem an odd question but when you think about it Scott always experimented with other genres of music and even dabbled in country slightly on songs like 'Circles', 'The Man I Didn't Know' and the VR hidden track 'Don't Drop That Dime On Me'. I feel had his career lasted longer he may have released an album in this style at some point, I recall him saying that Country music is one of the few genres left where the artists still sell a lot of units and I think he signed some Country artists to SoftDrive didn't he??

Anyway, is it something you'd have liked to have heard or do you think a full album of songs in this vein would've been a bad idea?

Personally, I listen to everything Scott released, even his Xmas album so I would have definitely picked this up too but I think it would've been good later in his career, I really wanted that second Wildabouts album with Joey and Nick :(
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 04:00:04 AM by CagedTiger »
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Would you have liked to have heard a country album from Scott?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 04:01:33 AM »
He probably could have pulled it off, though most would probably rate it the same as the christmas album (which i thought was actually pretty good).

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Would you have liked to have heard a country album from Scott?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 05:33:22 AM »