September 27, 2024, 06:25:02 PM

Author Topic: David Bowie has died  (Read 4478 times)

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: David Bowie has died
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2016, 11:12:23 PM »
I'm ok with Robert's tributes. People grieve in different ways, I believe he mourned Scott's death in a more personal manner. The Candles and Incense video removed any doubt I had about the rest of STP letting recent history get in the way of remembering Scott fondly.

He also RT'd someone who said something similar to what I did earlier about how tragic it was that we lost Scott, Lemmy, and Bowie all within a month of each other.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2016, 11:43:13 PM »
That crossed my mind too but I chalked up Roberts less public response to Scott's passing to the fact that it hit so very close to home. I don't know if Robert ever met Bowie or new him personally but the way I see it he's approaching Bowie's death from more of a fan perspective.

Regardless of STP's problems with Scott he was like family to them. I think that all the remaining members of STP were terribly distraught at Scott's death and chose to mourn more privately about it. I doubt he meant any disrespect.

Robert was devastated by Scott's death, according to someone who spoke to him shortly after it happened.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2016, 11:48:20 PM »
More...
Robert's posted some clips of STP doing Bowie, among other Bowie links - one of which is Ashes to Ashes...i wonder if he heard Scott's version and what he thought of it.

https://twitter.com/STPRobertDeLeo/

Stone Temple Pilots - Jean Genie (Bowie) - River Riot 2010 - Council Bluffs, IA
https://youtu.be/p9zEzLtS-h0

Stone Temple Pilots - Andy Warhol / Army Ants - Worcester 94
https://youtu.be/N_HzKjpiCtA

That might actually be my fault. I tweeted the Andy Warhol link to Robert, and he thanked me for it, then a couple minutes later he posted the link on his twitter account.

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2016, 03:59:07 PM »
I wrote an article for my hometown paper about Bowie...

http://www.fortthomasmatters.com/2016/01/david-bowie-man-of-star-vision.html
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2016, 06:51:20 PM »
 First Scott, then Lemmy & now Bowie…crazy but it did get me thinking to this question…

Do you think if Bowie died first that would have saved Scott?  Like, he would think he is the one to carry on Bowie’s Legacy?  I don’t think it would have made him more depressed just super sad like us w/ his death.  I really think he would have wanted to step up & “do it for Bowie” attitude.  He would put a concert of Bowie songs, right?!

8) :-* :(
And I Got U 2 Paint the Roses on My Grave

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2016, 07:43:34 PM »
First Scott, then Lemmy & now Bowie…crazy but it did get me thinking to this question…

Do you think if Bowie died first that would have saved Scott?  Like, he would think he is the one to carry on Bowie’s Legacy?  I don’t think it would have made him more depressed just super sad like us w/ his death.  I really think he would have wanted to step up & “do it for Bowie” attitude.  He would put a concert of Bowie songs, right?!

He couldn't get clean after his kids were taken away, after his brother died from addiction, after getting a DUI, after his band fired him, after his guitarist died from addiction, after embarrassing viral videos, after re-marrying and becoming a stepfather...

Something tells me David Bowie dying, of cancer of all things, would not have saved Scott. I don't mean to be brash, but there's no use in second guessing or creating what if scenarios regarding Scott's addiction. He had every wake up call imaginable to turn it around but he never took the opportunity.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2016, 08:59:24 PM »

He couldn't get clean after his kids were taken away, after his brother died from addiction, after getting a DUI, after his band fired him, after his guitarist died from addiction, after embarrassing viral videos, after re-marrying and becoming a stepfather...

Something tells me David Bowie dying, of cancer of all things, would not have saved Scott. I don't mean to be brash, but there's no use in second guessing or creating what if scenarios regarding Scott's addiction. He had every wake up call imaginable to turn it around but he never took the opportunity.

I agree. I think if Scott were still here he'd pay him tribute and perform some of his songs live etc but it wouldn't have stopped him from drinking and/or doing drugs on the road... The only way I can see that this could've been avoided (or at least prolonged) is if Scott had took some time off from touring and spent time with his family and concentrating on getting clean and sober. From what I can gather he wasn't doing this shit at home around his wife, just on the road with Tommy.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2016, 09:32:41 PM »
wrong thread
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 09:38:28 PM by StoneTempleBrett »

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

KingofHarts

• Flight Attendant
  • face across the floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2016, 04:25:25 AM »
I heard the news, and it was like "what the f?". Really, it shocked me. I couldn't accept the news. I listened to his new album the day prior, and then... Station 2 Station and Scary Monsters always were and will be my favourite albums of all time. I didn't know about the cancer though. Anyway, RIP to the legend