October 01, 2024, 12:42:07 AM

Author Topic: The Future Of STP?  (Read 13186 times)

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: The Future Of STP?
« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2016, 07:46:32 AM »
That's really the Holy Grail, right? I remember the initial airing of a condensed version on MTV's Live at the 10 Spot. I know the concert was August 12, 1999, so I would guess the 10 Spot aired sometime in 1999 or 2000. Anyway, I would have been 20 or 21 and just starting a cover band with close friends. I remember literally having a dinner party around the airing of (part) of this concert on MTV. We were star struck, wanting to be STP.

Anyway, I have the audio of Westwood 1 airing more than what aired on MTV, about 13 songs. Plus with the Michael tribute, we know Vasoline is mixed, so I am guessing the whole concert audio is mixed, it's just putting together the entire video.

In a different thread (I think) I put up a list of what I thought was likely. I would love to see a double disc greatest hits with unreleased/b-sides/other tracks released in companion with a Blu Ray that contained this whole concert and a doc of the making of their albums and their career.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 08, 2016, 01:44:04 AM »
That's really the Holy Grail, right? I remember the initial airing of a condensed version on MTV's Live at the 10 Spot. I know the concert was August 12, 1999, so I would guess the 10 Spot aired sometime in 1999 or 2000. Anyway, I would have been 20 or 21 and just starting a cover band with close friends. I remember literally having a dinner party around the airing of (part) of this concert on MTV. We were star struck, wanting to be STP.

Anyway, I have the audio of Westwood 1 airing more than what aired on MTV, about 13 songs. Plus with the Michael tribute, we know Vasoline is mixed, so I am guessing the whole concert audio is mixed, it's just putting together the entire video.

Brendan is credited with mixing the television broadcast version. (https://youtu.be/HQE11_6Wnfw?t=41m43s) If this show was anything like most concert broadcasts, Brendan probably mixed the audio for the whole concert, and then MTV edited it down to the broadcast version.

So if Brendan mixed the whole thing, and the concert was recorded on film like I suspect, then it's just a matter doing an HD quality digital transfer of the original master film, and syncing it to the O'Brien's full mix. I imagine the same can be done with the Worcester show, given the video and audio quality presented in the Thank You DVD.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 01:45:49 AM by Blue »
Grab the hate and drown it out...

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 08, 2016, 02:51:47 AM »
I meant Dancing Days, not Vasoline. I had that song playing when I wrote that reply.

Yeah, it's really, I am sure, about the living members and Atlantic finding a distributor or working with whichever one they are contracted to and getting it out.