September 22, 2024, 11:26:23 PM

Author Topic: Scott Compilation 1995-2012 (the Songs that got away)  (Read 2530 times)

njet

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Scott Compilation 1995-2012 (the Songs that got away)
« on: December 20, 2015, 04:12:13 PM »
Listening to a lot of Scott music these days - and made up this "Odds and sods and soundtrack tracks" album-compilation for iTunes library - try it out it flows along great - 5 originals and 5 cover songs. RIP Scott - what a great singer and lyric writer!

Breathe (The Avengers Soundtrack) (With Doug Grean)
I Know It's Too Late (iTunes only bonus track from Happy in Galoshes) (With Doug Grean)
Waiting For Superman (Flaming Lips cover - from his homepage download only cover album) (With Doug Grean)
Lazy Divey (outtake from 12 Bar Blues - from the promo edition of 12 bar blues) (With Victor Indizzo, Tony Castaneda, Martyn Lenoble)
Fall To Pieces (Acoustic version) from Velvet Revolver japan version of Contraband

Mockingbird Girl (Tank Girl Soundtrack with "The Magnificient Bastards")
Time Of The Season (Zombies cover from The Spy who Shagged Me Soundtrack with Blue Missile)
How Do You Sleep? (John Lennon cover from John Lennon tribute "Working Class Hero" with The Magnificient Bastards)
Can't You Hear Me Knockin'? (Stones cover from "The Greatest Guitar Classics of all time" with Carlos Santana Band)
But Not Tonight (Depeche Mode cover from "Not another Teen Soundtrack") (With Doug Grean)

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Compilation 1995-2012 (the Songs that got away)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 06:50:12 AM »
Looks good but I'd also throw on -

'Chateau Mars' (Outtake from '12BB)
'Happy' (Outtake from 'Happy in Galoshes')
'We Will Rock You' (With DJ Hurricane)
'You Know It's Hard' (With Crystal Method)
'Jindalie Jindala' (With Masters of Reality)

Also the songs - 'Circles', 'Yellow Pills', 'Full Blown John', 'Ashes To Ashes' and 'Pretty Mess' from the BelowEmpty exclusives... All previously unreleased, some were with The Wondergirls and some with 'Big Blue Missile.

I may have forgotten some but those spring to mind.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 06:53:28 AM by CagedTiger »
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

coo2

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 08:39:56 AM »
So, I lost 'I Know It's Too Late', even though I had it long ago through iTunes. I went on iTunes to look for it again, and it's no longer there.

Does anybody still have this track? It's one of my favorites. Shame it was left as only an iTunes exclusive.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 04:47:37 PM »
Going through some of my old recordings. Some of the quality is kinda lousy.
And those compilation albums / soundtracks just don't seem to be available on digital media.

Does anyone have a good version of Magnificent Bastards' "Mockingbird Girl" or Wonder Girls' "Let's Go All the Way"? My copies of both songs are very warbley sounding. Must be a low kbps.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

njet

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 09:23:56 PM »
Allright… found the songs that Cagedtiger mentioned… and a better improved tracklist has emerged. The thought was to emulate an album-feel so more originals are definite plus but not an "all the songs not on Scott solo albums" compilation more a 10 song 40 min. + album vibe. Happy is a really strong hit song - great chorus! Pity Scott never got to release it officially. Off course Breathe and I Know It's Too Late are excellent - the "Fall to Pieces" acoustic version is technically a Velvet Revolver song but this acoustic version works really well with his solo stuff - great version!

This compilation has the feel of a third disc of "Happy - in Galoshes"and half the songs stems from those sessions.

For me this is a really strong compilation of Scott's of unreleased songs, soundtrack songs and collaborations - more than a "odds and sods" album… 8 originals and 2 cover's.

Breathe
I Know It's Too Late
Happy (W/Pharrell)
Murder (W/ Crystal Method)
Fall to Pieces (acou.)

Mockingbird Girl (Tank Girl)
Lazy Divey
Time Of The Season
Pretty Done (demo)
But Not Tonight