September 20, 2024, 08:15:55 PM

Author Topic: Scott is dead :-(  (Read 6544 times)

STPHEAD

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Scott is dead :-(
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2015, 01:16:58 AM »
Don't have the right words right now, but felt even a sole reply of I am sad and sorry that myself and the rest of all on this forum are in this state right now. I have been around this and other incarnations of fan sites as STPHEAD and OHTHEHORROR13 -  I hope everyone who finds this message finds the fastest route to terms with this.

Time to revisit and restate Thank You.
My only exit is a one way out...

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2015, 01:20:42 AM »
My friend in Austin was going to go cover the show for Alternative Nation and Scott's social media.  I'd confirmed it with management literally just 2 hours or so before Scott died.  It's really eerie too since the only photos I had posted on Scott's social media that day were both old school #TBT photos, the last of which was maybe 2-3 hours before he died.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2015, 01:40:41 AM »
My friend in Austin was going to go cover the show for Alternative Nation and Scott's social media.  I'd confirmed it with management literally just 2 hours or so before Scott died.  It's really eerie too since the only photos I had posted on Scott's social media that day were both old school #TBT photos, the last of which was maybe 2-3 hours before he died.

I saw those pictures, including the one of Scott at Reading 93. However I think a day earlier I had seen a picture of Tommy and Scott drinking at a bar and another picture of Scott (with Tommy) riding a mechanical bull, those must have been like a day before he died?? The one of them drinking at the bar now seems to have been removed, from memory I think one of them was actually laying on the bar and Scott was wearing a bright orange beanie? They must've been some of the last pics?
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2015, 02:04:04 AM »
My god "Messages" is hard to listen to right now. 

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2015, 02:12:36 AM »

I had a hard enough time listening to that song anyway due to its sad nature, I think it will be a long while before I revisit it, as beautiful as that song is.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2015, 02:13:11 AM »

Wonderful is tough to listen to as well.  When it came up in my Scott Weiland playlist, it was tough keeping it together.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

Cuatro01

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2015, 05:12:06 AM »
Years ago, I was a frequent visitor to this message board, and I had my fair share of posts.  In recent years, I have visited less often and rarely posted any comments.  But I feel the need to join everyone in expressing my sadness at Scott's passing, as well as remembering his great music and performances.  I never met him and certainly didn't know him personally, but still it's undeniable that he and his music have been a big part of my life, and I'm fortunate that's the case.  I pray that he is in a better place now and has finally escaped his demons.  Rest in peace, Scott.  You will be missed.