September 20, 2024, 12:28:20 PM

Author Topic: South Detroit Soundhouse Interview  (Read 4703 times)

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: South Detroit Soundhouse Interview
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 05:02:06 PM »
I know Scott says he hasn't used "drugs" in 13 years, but I think when he says "drugs," he's only including heroin and maybe coke.

Rob said this in 2010 before the S/T tour: "He can't got on tour. He needs help… He thinks he's clean just because he's not shooting heroin. But he's popping pills."

This has always been the smoking gun for me, as close to the horse's mouth as you can get. I'm not sure why there is any other debate on what is "wrong" with Scott. He may (may) be off heroin and coke, but he still has very serious problems. It's like a game, whenever Scott says "drugs" that literally just means heroin and coke. Whatever pills he's taking is not included in his definition of drugs. Whether he rationalizes that by convincing himself they're a form of medication to keep him away from the other stuff or that since it comes from a pharmacy it's ok doesn't matter. Fact is, mixing benzos and booze is no better than what he was doing previously.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 05:03:50 PM by Slither »
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2015, 03:09:09 AM »
I'm not sure why there is any other debate on what is "wrong" with Scott. He may (may) be off heroin and coke, but he still has very serious problems. It's like a game, whenever Scott says "drugs" that literally just means heroin and coke. Whatever pills he's taking is not included in his definition of drugs. Whether he rationalizes that by convincing himself they're a form of medication to keep him away from the other stuff or that since it comes from a pharmacy it's ok doesn't matter. Fact is, mixing benzos and booze is no better than what he was doing previously.

Exactly, and mixing benzos and booze is a powerful combination. We used to call them "mind erasers," because you would always blackout to some extent and have to hear from your friends the fucked-up way you acted the night before.

I could imagine Scott having a script for a benzo from some LA doctor who is either too oblivious or too well-paid to be concerned with his alcohol consumption. That would make A LOT of sense regarding the meet and greets and Corpus Christi. Again, just speculation.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2015, 10:29:41 AM »
Only a few days ago we were still speculating what was wrong with him and then this morning we get the worst news imaginable. Those pics of him drinking with Tommy and riding that mechanical bull were from like what 2 nights ago?! This shit is crazy, life is a fragile thing. R.I.P. Scott
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long