September 27, 2024, 09:22:38 PM

Author Topic: Canceled Wisconsin Show  (Read 2274 times)

hahninator

• Pilot
  • Read between the lines...
    • View Profile
    • LPLive
Canceled Wisconsin Show
« on: September 28, 2015, 01:42:31 AM »
Does anyone know what happened? The band canceled their Janesville, Wisconsin show ten minutes before they hit the stage.

"Due to illness, Stone Temple Pilots regretfully are forced to cancel their performance tonight at WJJO's Sonic Boom."

kretzl

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Canceled Wisconsin Show
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 02:04:20 AM »
No idea, but everyone was totally fine and seemed healthy when I met them in MN the night before.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 04:03:35 AM »
wonder who was sick.

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 03:32:08 PM »
For the last few days, I've been looking at STP's facebook page, just trying to see if anyone could shed some light on the reason for the cancellation. I saw a number of theories posted (some more plausible than others): (1) STP had a falling out with WJJO, the event sponsor, and cancelled at the last minute; (2) STP was never supposed to be there in the first place (this tour date is missing from the list that appears on their T-shirts, and also, STP was not listed in the autograph schedule for the bands performing at the event); (3) STP was pissed because Papa Roach had some issues with their sound system (on a different stage than STP was scheduled to appear); (4) STP did not like the looks of the crowd and bailed; (5) someone in the band had food poisoning (a doctor was supposedly called in right before the show).

Apparently, the STP merch was there, but it's unclear whether STP's equipment had been set up prior to the cancellation announcement (some people say it was, others say it wasn't).

Anyway, when I checked STP's facebook page again this morning, I noticed that someone had gone in and deleted all of the negative comments that people had posted.

Now, I'm a big fan of this lineup, but I have to say, that's really lame. Some people were rightfully upset about the cancellation, and it's very unprofessional of STP to not make some sort of statement. This does not bode well for a band that most definitely has something to prove right now.

hahninator

• Pilot
  • Read between the lines...
    • View Profile
    • LPLive
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 04:01:13 PM »
Great post. I have no idea what the cancellation was for, but I can shed some doubt at a few of these. STP hasn't done any autographs for festivals on this tour (Charlotte, Raleigh, Baltimore, Clark) so that's normal. They were confirmed to be there by the band's social media. https://twitter.com/STPBand/status/604362923574624256 And the festival confirmed it. It was on the STP website.

Any of the others seem plausible. My guess is food poisoning. The crew had a day off in Milwaukee before the show and then traveled to the show, which I can confirm, so it was a last minute cancellation. I would assume the gear was set up because that has to be done early in the morning just after Five Finger Death Punch sets theirs up (STP was second to last on the stage).

Whoever is deleting comments is out of line. The STP social media is run really oddly anyway...they confirm shows super late and haven't even posted anything about the tour they just did besides the one cancellation.