September 29, 2024, 11:20:00 PM

Author Topic: Please tell me this isn't true...  (Read 26456 times)

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Please tell me this isn't true...
« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2015, 06:30:50 PM »
Any news on cause of death?

I'm sure grunge report, sorry, "alternative nation", will post a link we can click on once the information is available.

For now:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/scott-weilands-guitarist-jeremy-brown-dead-at-34-20150331

Read the comments there. You won't find out why we lost him, but there's some insight from people who knew Jeremy and a little about his family's health history.

I wish that a few of those commenters could've taken Jeremy's place. Particularly, "Mike". Whether Jeremy was a famous musician or not, trashing him after passing is such a scumbag thing to do.
I just don't understand how dying of overdose is a reason to be trashed by other people, why does that make you a shitty person? Death is death and it's sad no matter why it happens or who would happens too. If someone does drugs it doesn't make them a bad person.  I'm not saying that's why he died, I'm just speaking in general

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2015, 09:27:51 PM »
Didn't know he was Mormon, obviously he wouldn't be the first Mormon to use drugs but that combined with the family history of respiratory failure I'm less inclined to believe this was an overdose than I was before. Sadly, it's kinda what I assumed being he was a young musician associated with Scott. Must be terrifying having that family history, knowing any time you go to
sleep you might just not wake up despite being perfectly healthy.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2015, 01:16:13 AM »
Man some of those comments on the RS page are pathetic.

What the hell is wrong with people

sbuxreg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/sbuxreg
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2015, 01:23:18 AM »

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2015, 01:48:32 AM »
http://mec.lacounty.gov/wps/portal/mec/main/home/caseinformation/casedetail?CaseNum=2015-02228
Now you know from a credible source. case closed.
That's too bad. He didn't ever seem to be spaced out or anything, I didn't even know he took drugs.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2015, 01:51:28 AM »

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2015, 03:01:51 AM »
Sad! 😔
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2015, 03:15:17 AM »
I bet this has shook Scott up pretty bad, I mean the death of one of his friends and bandmates was always going to have a huge impact on him mentally but if it was indeed drugs he must be feeling really fucking weird knowing that he himself has dodged that bullet on many occasions... It's a shame Jeremy wasnt as lucky :-(

It's so sad how many gifted individuals we have lost before their time because of drugs.

Rest in peace Jeremy
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2015, 05:02:05 AM »
Sad, but not surprised, to hear this. I wish Scott surrounded himself with people that are sober. 

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2015, 06:56:59 PM »
Wow. I was hoping with the family history it was something a little more innocent, but of course still sad nonetheless.

Goes back to thing with Scott surrounding himself with enablers though. He really needs to be in a band with sober people only.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2015, 07:10:39 AM »
JEREMY BROWN DID NOT DIE OF A DRUG OVERDOSE.

I can't tell you Jeremy's exact cause of death since the site sbuxreg posted wants almost 30 bucks for the full report, and I'm not morbid enough or trying to pay for my college education with my sensationalist "journalism" site.... But here's what I learned in about 3 minutes of research:

Multiple drug intoxication, or combined drug intoxication, as Wikipedia calls it, is an "unnatural cause of death" but also "often confused with a drug overdose, but it is a completely different phenomenon."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_drug_intoxication

And the "other significant causes" listed on the LA coroner site play just as big of a part as the drugs. A "perfect storm", if you will....

It means somebody with no health problems would still be alive if they consumed the same amount of whatever Jeremy was taking.

With the heart issues he had, it's just as likely that he died from taking a few doses of Nyquil and some beers as it is that he died from mixing illicit drugs with what have you.....

We don't know what sort of medications, if any, he was on, and it very well could have been legal prescription drugs that were just too much for his heart.

So all anybody here can do is speculate what killed him, until somebody forks over the cash to LA county to get the full report.

Either way, extremely sad for his family and friends, and if Scott is indeed mixing drugs with alcohol, hopefully this is the awful wake up call he needs to get help. He's admitted to having cardiomyopathy in his book and needs to take as good of care of himself as possible....
Bleeda blooda

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2015, 07:35:02 AM »
After my initial post here I did actually google the other 2 significant causes and noticed one was an 'enlarged heart'. I was going to ask here if people thought it was the combination of drugs AND these health problems that caused his death rather than drugs alone but I felt it may be inappropriate to ask or discuss here.
Like you say though with other serious underlying health problems it doesn't even nescessarily take illegal drugs to cause death and that is something we should all keep in mind.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 07:37:00 AM by CagedTiger »
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2015, 05:26:27 PM »
Good job researching it, im just cruious why there hasnt been no official statement from anyone
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"