September 23, 2024, 01:29:10 AM

Author Topic: Classic Rock Magazine Review of Blaster (8/10)  (Read 1703 times)

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Classic Rock Magazine Review of Blaster (8/10)
« on: March 24, 2015, 01:03:38 PM »
From the synthetic blues buzz of opener Modzilla, essentially The White Stripes’ The Hardest Button To Button in snakeskin, melodic exuberance abounds. Channelling T.Rex, Weezer, ELO, The Who and Ziggy, Weiland never sounded so alive and aligned with history’s pop greats as when swinging and woo-hooing through Way She Moves, or living out all his collegiate keg-party, indie-rock fantasies on Blue Eyes and Beach Pop.

https://classicrock.teamrock.com/reviews/2015-03-20/scott-weiland-and-the-wildabouts-blaster

(You have to register an account before you can read the whole review).
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Rock Magazine Review of Blaster (8/10)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 01:09:49 PM »
Not gonna go through the trouble of registering just to read the article, but I fail to see any similarities between Modzilla and Hardest Button to Button. Sounds like a lazy attempt to compare the main riff to something Jack White would write.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 01:17:09 PM »
It's really good some of the serious publications are giving this album high marks though. So far I have yet to hear a bad word said about it. Here's hoping for an early arrival from Amazon.

With any luck my signed Orange vinyl should not be too far behind, although Scott probably signed it "Whatever".  ;)

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 01:22:03 PM »
It's really good some of the serious publications are giving this album high marks though. So far I have yet to hear a bad word said about it. Here's hoping for an early arrival from Amazon.

With any luck my signed Orange vinyl should not be too far behind, although Scott probably signed it "Whatever".  ;)

The only negative reviews I've seen are the video review disasterami found and posted in the ArtistDirect thread and the not really negative but mediocre Alternative Nation review.  So far so good..
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 01:30:31 PM by Jim The Stimulator »
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!